Do you know about blogs? How about blogging? If not, read this
Making Blogging A Habit.
Just how popular is blogging nowadays? Just think of the different innovations made from the regular blog which contains pure alphabet and numbers. Before, you are just describing the appearance of your baby girl to her grandparents back home through words. But now, they can actually see the smile of their new granddaughter through the Web log’s new feature—photo blogging!
What is photo blogging, and how it is different from the regular blog that you are uploading to your site? Actually, it is still a blog. The only difference is, as the name suggests, is the dominance of the author’s photograph rather than the usual text contents. It is dominant in that sense that the photographs included in the blog are now the main subject. The text are included as an accomplice and used as a caption to the photograph included.
Photo blogging started from the use of personal images or photograph galleries. When blogs emerged, together with the systems that enable blogging, different computer analyst suddenly comes to the idea of personalizing further blogging by enabling bloggers to publish their images to their site in a chronological order. It added a fresh and unique approach as opposed to the static gallery.
Photoblog entries are usually posted on a regular basis. The posts are normally time-stamped and listed in a chronological order with the newest uploaded photo/s (take note that you can post more than one photo on a single blog) displayed first on the main page of the blog. Older entries can be accessed through links. Thus, it enables your visitors to navigate back and forward in a chronological order through a photoblog’s images.
Photo blogging also has archive available and often divided either by month or category. It also allows your visitors to leave their comments which are associated with a particular entry. Often visitors leave a link in their comments that connects back to their site. Thus, it creates a blogging community with you and your visitors able to communicate with each other through site’s links.
Photo blogging makes use of content management system (CMS) which usually gives you a certain website that facilitates the creation and management of posts and uploading of images. It usually delivers web pages based on the information you entered.
Existing blogging CMS are now modified and now makes use of add-ons or plug-ins (and sometimes core code rewriting) to facilitate the transition from regular blogging to photo blogging.
The following are the summaries of photo blogging features:
• Mobile blogging, where it enables you to facilitate creation of photo blogs through your cellular phone and uploading it to your site.
• Text caption, where you can provide some text description of your uploaded images.
• Adding entries in the past, where you can add new entries to previous blogs that you have made.
• Archiving, where it automatically saves all your entries. Visitors can also gain access of the previous blog entries through this feature.
• Comments, where your visitors can post their thoughts and point of views with regards to your photo blogs.
• Links where your visitor can leave together with their comments.
• Profiles, where you can enter different personal details about yourself as the author of the photo blog.
With photo blogging, you will now able to display to the whole world what you have got. Happy blogging!
a blog, AOL, blog, blog directories, blog on blogging, blog sites, blog software, blog spot, blogging sites, blogs, blogs and blogging, blogspot, create a blog, good blog site, good blog sites, Google, habbit, how to blog, make a blog, make my blog, simple blogs, Uniform resource locator, Web hosting service, what is blogging, where to blog, writing a blog, Yahoo
Do you know about blogs? How about blogging? If not, read this.
A blog actually is a blend of two terms from web and log, leading to web log, weblog, and finally to blog. A blog is an online website that is used in the liking of an online journal. It can serve as an important solution to pave way to what you really feel or think in a particular topic. Like other media access, blogs often focus in many particular topics. The topics can range to any kind of subjects, even it discusses about politics, sports, music, fashion, foods, whatever it can bring as long as it can reach the mind of the reader.
Blogs in particular is also very popular as it functions as online diaries. For this attributes all the personal happenings and differences in life as it is available online. Since its appearance in 1995, blogs has dramatically changed the way of communication affecting public opinion and mass media around the globe. Blogs to be precise are connected by blog hosting services or it can be run by using blog software on regular web hosting services.
In relation, the term blogging is the process of authoring a blog, maintaining a blog or adding an article to an existing blog. For the person who posts blog entries is called a blogger.
For a blog post typically consists of:
• Title- main title or a headline
• Body- main content of the post
• Comments- added by readers
• Permalink- the URL(Uniform Resource Locator) of all individual article
• Post date- date and time the entry was posted
For some blog entry optionally includes the following:
• Categories or tags- subjects that the content it discusses
• Trackback- links to other sites that is connected to the entry
DIFFERENCES OF BLOGS
Blogs has the characteristics that separate it from a standard web page. Blogs allows easy production of new pages. New pages with new data are entered into a simple form usually with the title itself, the category and the main content of the article, and then finally submitted.
Blogs differ from forums or newsgroups, for a reason that only the author or authoring group of the blog posted can create new subjects for discussion. Networks of blogs can serve just as if a forum for in every entity in the blog network can produce subjects.
HOW BLOG IS MADE
Different kinds of system are used to produce and maintain blogs. Server-based system can eliminate the need for bloggers to manage the software. Web interfaces systems, users are allowed to work with tools such as Ecto, Elicit, and w.bloggar. For this operation, users are allowed to maintain their web-hosted blog even without the need to be online while making or editing entries. Some notable web hosting companies, such as Tripod, service provider like America Online, and internet portals like Yahoo or Google, provide blog production and hosting.
TYPES OF BLOGS
• Personal- it is like making your diary but online. You can post different kind of thoughts or daily experiences just as you are informing the world what is happening to you.
• Career- usually focused on one’s professional ability and passion
• Cultural- discusses about sports, theatre, music and other arts. Among the most read blogs.
• Moblog- a mobile blog, in which the content is posted to the internet from mobile device
• Educational- that is used by students to record what they learn and mentors to record what they teach.
Blogs to this date can be very instrumental in reaching others to know your kind of thoughts, feelings, ability, passions and even having profits. Blogs is like a door to you that someone can knock and enter to your life.
Thanks for reading